Called in 1989
Principal practice areas are:
Acting for all parties in cases concerning all aspects of the law relating to children, both public and private law: child care & adoption proceedings, acting for local authorities, parents, children & children’s guardians, in cases frequently involving serious non-accidental and fatal injuries to children, factitious illness, sexual and emotional abuse, complex medical/expert evidence, international / immigration elements, issues concerning disclosure & media reporting, human rights issues; inherent jurisdiction applications; all private law matters concerning child arrangements & parental responsibility; relocation / permission to remove from the jurisdiction.
Divorce & financial remedies:
A variety of cases, including those involving foreign marriages, assets abroad, freezing injunctions.
Anthony has for many years undertaken judicial review work (for both claimants & defendants) in social services & family-related cases.
- “Anthony has a firm grasp of complex medical issues sources note his expertise in international adoption cases, reporting that his advice is invariably spot-on” – Chambers and Partners
- Anthony has been listed as a “Leading Individual” in the field of “Family: Children” in the Chambers UK directory for eleven consecutive years, from 2005 to date.
- Chelmsford CC v Ramet Family Division, 22 January 2014
 EWHC 56 (Fam)
- Kent CC v IS Family Division, 03 May 2013
 EWHC 2308 (Fam);  Fam. Law 1366
- A Council v M (Children) (Reporting Restriction Order: Adoption:
Artificial Insemination) Family Division, 20 July 2012
 EWHC 2038 (Fam);  2 F.L.R. 1270;  Fam.
- A Council v M (Children) (Welfare: Adoptive Children: Artificial Insemination) Family Division, 17 July 2012  EWHC 4242 (Fam);  2 F.L.R. 1261
- A Council v B (Children) (Fact-finding: Adoptive Child: Artificial Insemination) Family
Division, 08 March 2012  EWHC 4241 (Fam);  2 F.L.R. 1229
- Brighton and Hove City Council v PM Court of Appeal (Civil Division), 12 July 2011
 EWCA Civ 795;  1 FLR 351;  Fam. Law 1075
- S-H (Children), Re Court of Appeal (Civil Division), 10 September 2010
 EWCA Civ 1184; (2010) 154(35) S.J.L.B. 29
- B City Council v v PM & others  EWCA Civ 795 (DNA testing for maternity in care
proceedings with immigration background).
- R (AH) v Cornwall Council  EWHC 3192 (Admin),  All ER (D) 48 (Jan)
(defence to judicial review of council’s decision & protocols on accommodation under
section 20, Children Act 1989 & claim for damages under HRA 1998).
- Re S-H (Children)  EWCA Civ 1184 (adequacy of judge’s reasons in care /
- R (Green) v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions  EWHC 1278 (Admin)
(judicial review of failure by CSA to exercise discretion to offset school fees against
- Re K (Children)  2 FCR 599, 101 BMLR 99 (non-accidental head injury – testing for
- Re A (a child)(independent assessment)  All ER (D) (Nov)
(interim appeals from FPC to High Court: directions for expert assessment)
- Re M (a child)  All ER (D) (April) (CA)
(catastrophic injuries to newborn baby : interim removal)
- Re B (Threshold Criteria: Fabricated Illness)  2 FLR 200
(care proceedings – evidence – deliberately induced illness)
- Re H (Children)(Care Proceedings)(Sexual Abuse)  2 FCR 499
(care proceedings – evidence – procedure)
- R v Westminster CC, ex p Ermakov (QBD) 27 HLR 168, (CA)  2 FCR 48, 2 All ER
302 (statutory reasons – judicial review – evidence)
- R v Harrow LBC, ex p Carter 91 LGR 46 (judicial review of housing policy)
- BA (Hons) Lond; Dip Law