- Building and Engineering Contracts- the obligations and duties of employers, main contractors and sub-contractors
- JCT Standard Form of Building Contracts and the ICE Form of Contract
- Duties & liabilities of Construction Professionals (architects, engineers and surveyors), their Remuneration & Conditions of Engagement
- Payment and other Certificates
- Repudiation & Determination Claims
- Claims for non-completed and defective work.
- Delay and Loss & Expense claims.
- Novation, Assignments & Third Party Rights
- Liability in tort, for negligence including mis-statement and economic loss claims. Claims in nuisance arising out of or associated with building works for physical damage, noise, dust and disruption
- Breach of Statutory Duty arising under the Building Regulations, the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, the Occupiers’ Liability Act, Defective Premises Act, the Control of Pollution Act and the Party Walls etc Act
- Adjudication, Arbitration and Mediation
Professional Negligence & Liability Claims
- Duties and obligations in contract and tort of Professionals (architects, accountants, auditors, engineers, financial practitioners, insurance brokers, medical practitioners, solicitors, surveyors, valuers and other Professionals)
- Conditions of Engagement of Professionals
- Fiduciary duties of Professionals
- Duties of Confidentiality & Copyright
- The duties and responsibilities of a Professional acting as an Expert Witness. Expert witness immunity
- The duties and responsibilities of a Professional acting as a adjudicator, an arbitrator or a mediator.
- Professional Discipline
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
Members of the team are regular contributors to Chambers’ ongoing accredited seminar programme and can deliver bespoke in-house training to solicitors and other professional bodies upon request.