Called in 2007
Kerrie joined 5 Pump Court Chambers in July 2010 and practices exclusively in Family Law. Having undertaken Pupillage at 14 Gray’s Inn Square between 2006/2007, Kerrie was taken on as a tenant at a common law set in 2007 where she developed a strong Family Law Practice, gaining extensive experience in all areas of Public and Private Law Children matters and Ancillary Relief.
Kerrie’s practice covers all tribunals - Family Proceedings Courts, County Courts and the High Court - and has included advocacy before the Court of Appeal. Kerrie appears at Courts in and around London on a regular basis but she is also happy to travel and frequently undertakes work in the Midlands and further afield.
Kerrie is fully committed to providing high quality representation to private and publicly funded clients alike.
Areas of Expertise & Interest
• Care Proceedings: Wide experience of representing parents and relatives in cases concerning issues of the utmost gravity such as alleged non-accidental injury, neglect, physical and sexual abuse and clients with mental health difficulties.
• International Movement of Children: Experience in representing clients in proceedings with an international aspect, including child abduction (acting for Plaintiffs and Defendants in Hague Convention and Brussels II Regulation proceedings and cases where these do not apply); international relocation, contact and the enforcement of foreign orders and Wardship and the Inherent Jurisdiction of the High Court.
• Private Law Applications: Including contact, residence, parental responsibility, specific issue (change of name, etc) Schedule 1 Financial Provision and Leave to remove from jurisdiction.
• Injunctive Relief: Frequently instructed to appear on behalf of clients seeking personal protection from domestic violence and harassment.
• Family Finance: Ancillary Relief applications at all stages and financial disputes between co-habiting couples, including proceedings pursuant to TLATA 1996 and MWPA 1882.
The Family Law Bar Association
The Lincoln’s Inn Denning Society
Kerrie enjoys overseas travel and has spent time living in the USA (Memphis, Tennessee) and Africa (Nairobi, Kenya).